MasterCard Senior Management Consultant- Business Development HongKong, Macau & Taiwan in Wanchai, Hong Kong
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the worlds fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Management Consultant- Business Development HongKong, Macau & Taiwan
MasterCard Advisors is the professional services arm of MasterCard Worldwide, provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, information and risk management services to financial institutions and merchants worldwide. With its unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments life cycle, MasterCard Advisors addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances MasterCard's strategic and tactical performance and establishes MasterCard's global thought-leadership preeminence.
The purpose of the Business Development role is to build and close Advisors business opportunities across financial institutions and merchants in MasterCards Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan Division.
The best fit candidate for the role will be a highly motivated, sales-focused individual, who is experienced in consulting sales roles, with deep knowledge of Hong Kong & Taiwan payments or Travel or Retail industries. In addition, the successful candidate will also have skills and experience to contribute towards the delivery and quality management of business optimization engagements.
The Business Development Role for MasterCard Advisors is responsible to influence networking and to drive sales process. He/She is an active team member who looks after clients largely independent and runs projects or a big piece of a very large project.
- Translate market development objectives into sales strategies for an assigned portfolio of Divisional Key Client accounts
- Perform comprehensive analysis to establish deep understanding of Client needs and potential solutions to identify the most critical aspects of a problem
- Identify new business opportunities with key clients and communicate to executives to pursue
- Build relationship network with internal and external stakeholders, influences, sponsors and decision-makers to enable relevant support is aligned with core business objectives
- Manage the sales cycle and related processes from client needs identification through contractual development and execution incl. writing well-structured and persuasive proposals
- Develop sales-support materials (i.e. presentations, business cases etc) that articulate the compelling nature of MasterCard Advisors services qualitatively and quantitatively to address client challenges
- Ensure engagement quality, leading post-implementation review activities and follow-on opportunity identification
- Apply business acumen to identify proactively new business opportunities and support corporate initiatives to combine multiple product offerings to serve client needs more broadly
- Manage and/or Contribute to project delivery efforts utilizing core consultancy skills and industry knowledge (e.g. perform Project Management or subject matter expertise input responsibilities as appropriate)
- Participate in recruiting, training and developing others
- Create intellectual capital (e.g. white papers on specialist industry topics) to increase the value proposition of MasterCard Advisors services
All About You
- Undergraduate degree required
- MBA or relevant post graduate degree recommended
- Extensive consulting experience from a leading consulting firm and/or leading financial services provider or Sizable Travel or Retail merchants, with payments/card expertise/Data analytics expertise, as well as interacting at the leadership level
- Other required personal attributes include:
* Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication/influencing skills
* Ability to work as team member or independently who can multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Fluency in Mandarin and English is a requirement, Cantonese ideally as well.
Primary work location(s): Hong Kong
Alternate location: Taipei, Taiwan
Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: R-62214