Google Strategic Partner Development Manager, OEM/ODM Partnerships (Mandarin, English) in Hong Kong
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Xinyi District, Taipei City, Taiwan 110; Hong Kong
Google's line of products and services to our clients never stops growing. The Partnerships Development team is responsible for seeking and exploring new opportunities with Google's partners. Armed with your business acumen and extensive product knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google's newest product offerings. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV and Commerce.
As a Strategic Partner Development Manager on the Android and Chrome Global Partnerships team, you will drive our business and partnerships in Greater China. You’ll work closely with Android Product, Engineering, Marketing and Legal teams on new initiatives and key strategic relationships. You don't just execute; you're a true thought leader who can see multiple steps ahead and identify industry trends and key influencers. Empowered to chart your own path, you'll run this process from start to finish. You'll be responsible for our partnerships with original equipment manufacturer (OEMs), original device manufacturer (ODMs) and other key players involved in the creation and distribution of Android devices and services.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Open doors with potential partners, lead exploratory talks, and build consensus with senior executives internal and external to Google. Discuss complex, strategic partnerships.
- Identify, create, lead, discuss and implement effective, and often complex, business agreements that drive results across the Android and Chrome platform business.
- Identify and prioritize partner opportunities; become an expert on each potential partner's organization, business model, and strategic priorities. Serve as the ongoing Android relationship manager helping to drive value from the partnership.
- Build and nurture robust relationships, working both with partners and, in some cases, via partners to address the larger ecosystem in a scalable fashion.
- 8 years of experience, including experience working with OEMs/ODMs and/or related start-ups.
- Experience in project management, business development and working with partners in China.
- Ability to speak and write in Mandarin and English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience with ongoing partner relationship management. Ability to serve as an advocate for our accounts internally and to work collaboratively in order to identify opportunities/resolve issues.
- Experience in working closely with partners and stakeholders in the mobile value chain, with effective negotiation and business skills.
- Experience in coding or financial modeling, with excellent quantitative analytical skills.
- Demonstrated quantitative and data analysis experience. Experience in banking and/or management consulting.
- Ability to operate independently with a keen attention to detail. Ability to function effectively with multiple cross-functional teams, including partner-facing teams.
- Ability to interpret legal documents and to drive work with attorneys on drafting specific contract language. Proficient in reading and writing in both traditional and simplified Chinese.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.