Google Sales Engineering Manager, Google Cloud in Hong Kong
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII), HTML, PDF or DOC version of your resume in English to email@example.com.
Important: The subject field of your email must include Sales Engineering Manager, Google Cloud - Hong Kong.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Sales Engineering Manager for Hong Kong and Taiwan, you will lead a team of customer engineers who engage with sales prospects and channel partners to understand and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Google’s Cloud technologies, and address and overcome technical objections that arise throughout the sales process. You will lead efforts to drive solution innovation, working across the organization to identify the assets and tools to drive customer adoption. You will also be responsible for investing in the team’s development and success, building a high performing, effective and collaborative team.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Lead, inspire and grow a team of Sales Engineers across the region who engage with sales prospects, providing technical discovery and solutions recommendations while working in partnership with customers. Manage and motivate a diverse collection of engineering professionals.
- Contribute to building a business that promotes exceptional growth and maintain motivation in order to work effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Engage directly with prospects regarding architecture discussions and best practices.
- Work cross-functionally with our Product, Support, Engineering and Sales teams. Make compelling presentations and use your excellent verbal and written communication skills to represent the capabilities and services of Google Cloud.
- Hire, coach and drive your team to deliver against assigned strategic goals, while prioritizing the delivery of an outstanding customer experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment, or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS, Big Data, SaaS, public cloud, and related industry and technical concepts.
- Experience in managing and developing teams.
- MS degree in Computer Science and/or MBA.
- Demonstrated knowledge of solution architecture within the web and mobile environment. Knowledge of web/internet related technologies, and architecture across SaaS, PaaS and IaaS and cloud productivity suites.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and grow teams to their full potential in a sales environment, while working across cross-functional teams to achieve common business objectives. Ability to operate with enthusiasm and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- A strong business sense with distinctive problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively present to both technical and non-technical audiences, engaging C-Level stakeholders in business and technology transformation. Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT space.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Mandarin fluently and idiomatically.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.