Google Logistics Manager, Hardware in Hong Kong
Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world, and the Global Logistics team procures and manages the resources that power our immense collection. As a part of this team, you apply your knowledge of supply chain principles and your problem solving prowess to key logistics processes (managing vendors, shipping & receiving, inventory management, warehousing & distribution, transportation, etc.). Your diligence ensures the global delivery and life cycle management of network equipment is timely and efficient. You help the networking material supply chain by understanding the unique needs of the deployment team and defining best practices across multiple cross-functional teams. The end result of your work is the delivery of Google's products and services to millions of users around the world.
As a Logistics Manager, you will drive process improvement and apply general problem solving skills across our transportation, distribution and factory locations supporting multiple countries. You will also play a key role in delivering regional elements of global projects as well as managing regional specific initiatives.
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. You will lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the stakeholders coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Identify, measure and track key logistics metrics to help drive efficiency across the global network.
- Follow up and drive day-to-day problem or issue resolution as it relates to forward and reverse logistics working with other Googlers and Third-Party Logistics (3PLs) to resolve customer escalations.
- Play a key role in supporting new country and new product launches coordinating with global logistics providers to ensure proper setup, operations and success of the launches.
- Organize, moderate and lead cross-functional meetings with 3PLs and transportation providers.
- Lead regional improvement projects, and assist in the delivery of regional elements of global projects.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a logistics coordinator role or business operations role e.g. working in a customer and vendor facing capacity.
- Understanding of B2C/B2B, transportation, fulfillment and distribution operations.
- Familiarity with import and export processes in relation to consumer electronics devices.
- Excellent time management skills with demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.