Google Cluster Manager, Security (English, Chinese) in Hong Kong
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII), HTML, PDF or DOC version of your resume in English to email@example.com.
Important: The subject field of your email must include Cluster Manager, Security (English, Chinese) - Taipei, Hong Kong, Beijing or Shanghai.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Beijing, China; Xinyi District, Taipei City, Taiwan; Shanghai, China; Hong Kong
Reporting to the Regional Security Manager - APAC and based in either Taipei, Hong Kong, Beijing or Shanghai, you will help lead Google’s Global Security and Resilience Services (GSRS) for our operations in the Greater China region. You will work with internal and external partners to maintain and enhance the security and safety of Google. You will coordinate physical security (security services, access control and CCTV systems, site surveys), investigations, risk/threat assessments, protective services, and the travel safety programs. You may also supervise employees and contractors performing specific security and safety objectives and monitor vendor performance and expenses.
From keeping Googlers safe and secure to managing disruptive events, the ability to anticipate, deter, detect, and act are the pillars of Google’s Global Security and Resiliency Services (GSRS) team. As a member of GSRS you will help develop a culture where safety, security and resiliency are integrated into every facet of Google, including the creative process. You will help us continually identify, evaluate and monitor enterprise risks that could affect business activities and provide business leaders the information they need to make critical decisions. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative strategies and develop best in class programs that drive sustainable effectiveness.
- Assist with implementing performance of corporate security standards, policies and practices; may manage the daily operations of vendors providing services including security, training, protective services and risk assessment.
- Collaborate with other groups within Google (HR, Legal, etc.) and outside of Google (Emergency Services: fire, police, EMS, Departments of Environmental Health, etc.) as they relate to daily operations.
- Perform data analysis and creates benchmarking to support risk assessments and threat identification; create and present travel briefings as they relate to crime and health risks in specified geographical regions.
- Partner with Facilities and other Google business units to identify security deficiencies, and develop customized policies and procedures to gain compliance with regulations internal and external to Google.
- Manage our Google Security Guard Force and vendor staff to respond to emergencies, support planned and unplanned operations, and support events and special activities as needed.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience managing security operations.
- Experience working with vendors and managing a contracted guard force.
- Ability to speak and write in Chinese (Mandarin) and English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience conducting investigations including criminal, human resources, and safety incidents. Experience with standard software applications for communications, productivity and presentation.
- Experience with security technologies including CCTV, Access Control, and Incident Management Systems.
- Proven track record in managing security operations and security personnel and delivering high quality, customer-oriented security programs.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- High ethical standards with proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information; excellent judgment, discretion and diplomacy.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.