Marriott Senior Manager, Reporting & Consolidation, APAC in Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong
Job Number 180010CH
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field; successful completion of intermediate accounting required.
· Minimum of three years financial management experience; hotel finance and accounting experience preferred.
· Candidates considered suitable (but not limited to): Assistant Financial Controllers, Chief Accountants or Accounting.
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong computer skills required. Prior experience with Oracle Peoplesoft, Essbase cube, Hyperion Financial Reporting, SmartView and Workspace preferred.
· Advanced Excel skills preferred, including financial Data modeling, Visual Basic Programming (Macros), Statistical Analysis and Database Management.
· Ability to organize large volumes of data to create a synthesized, meaningful analysis.
· Strong financial acumen with proven analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to interpret operating and financial results, and effectively communicate financial information to non-financial people.
· Strong communication skills. Ability to present analytical results in manner appropriate for senior management decision-making (both orally and in writing, in memos or presentation format).
· Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work with and communicate effectively with all levels of management.
· Self-starter with strong tendency toward pro-active process improvement.
· Exceptional organizational skills. Effective in prioritizing work, following through on commitments and enforcing compliance to submission deadlines set for the hotel finance teams as well as the Continent Finance team.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently; strong time management skills.
· Adaptable to fast paced work environment with new and changing responsibilities.
· Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
· Mandarin language skills will be an advantage.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Manages month end financial information collection, consolidation, and validation to report month end results for the Asia Pacific Continent.
· Consolidates and reports monthly APAC financial forecasts to help understand trends in business and enable senior management to take remedial measures.
· Prepares monthly Continent office P&L and works closely with the Financial Reporting & Analysis team at headquarters to provide critique on variances.
· Provides P&L and sales data to facilitate owner reporting for a select group of hotels.
· Manages the weekly sales flash process for all APAC hotels.
· Works closely with the Business Process Governance and Financial Applications Business Support teams at headquarters to manage financial data availability and to ensure APAC interests are represented in planning discussions.
· Works with Revenue Accounting team at headquarters and APAC Compliance Manager to ensure hotel management fees are recorded properly and accurately.
· Works with the balance sheet team at headquarters to ensure dual employee contract liabilities are properly recorded on Marriott’s books.
· Builds reports as per business needs to facilitate analysis and decision making across all levels of management and disciplines.
· Assists senior management with analyzing financial data and presenting them in a meaningful manner to various stakeholders.
· Consolidates the quarterly business review for the APAC executive team to present to the global executive team.
· Reviews competitors' quarterly earnings and works with Revenue Management to prepare analysis for APAC executive team.
· Champions the forecasting and budgeting system (PSBF) & related tools to provide on-going training and support to hotel finance teams.
· Leads the annual Capital Expenditure Plan and Operating Budget processes for the continent, providing support to all APAC hotels.
· Administers the Travel Expense Reimbursement system for the Hong Kong Continent office and the area offices.
· Communicates and provides training to hotel finance directors timely information on all financial processes.
· Supervises the Business Operations Analyst and manages his/her development and training.
· Participates in various tasks/projects on an as needed basis.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o General Finance and Accounting-The ability to apply knowledge of local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (local GAAP), current company accounting policies and procedures, general accounting and financial reporting, auditing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable practices to ensure property maintenance of business unit and/or company financial information.
o Financial Reporting-The ability to apply knowledge of principles-based standards, interpretations, frameworks and tools to create and maintain business unit and/or company financial statements.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.