Marriott Senior Manager, Project Management, Human Resources in Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong
Job Number 180011W4
Job Category Human Resources
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Education and Experience
· Bachelor degree with at least 7 years of work experience in HR and/or Project management
· Excellent project management skills, preferably with project management certification
· Strong communications, collaboration and interpersonal skills with different levels of stakeholders
· Good execution, drive for results and problem solving skills
· Able to work with little supervision and deal with ambiguity
· Fluent in spoken and written English.
· Past facilitation and presentation experience required, ideally with some consulting background.
· Hong Kong based
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Support CHRO and HR COEs to manage and track projects to ensure timely launches and successful completion of key milestones
· Identify key project milestones with project leader during project planning
· Report project status to CHRO and HR Leadership with propose next step of actions for each project leader to meet project objectives and timelines
· Prepare and ensure communications with all project stakeholders and impacted audience are smooth and timely, e.g. regular project updates, shared resources & communication channels among stakeholders during planning, deployment and sustainment phases.
· Establish organizational framework and facilitate the various HR meetings HR discipline, including HR leadership meeting, HR strategy meeting, HR webinars, and other ad hoc meetings/webinars.
· Create dashboards for project overview
· Liaise with Continent PMO/Integration Management Office (IMO) and Change Management, and Communications team on deployment of HR initiatives and projects.
· Prepare written communications on behalf of CHRO and HR discipline as required.
· Lead ad hoc projects which cross multiple HR COEs.
· Develop communications strategy to raise profile of HR function and create awareness of key HR priorities, project status, and accomplishments.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.