Mergermarket US Ltd Staff Writer in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
AVCJ is part of Acuris, the global financial intelligence and data provider. Acuris has a strong regional Asian presence, with offices in Hong Kong, Sydney, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul and Mumbai.
We are hiring a staff writer to join the editorial team responsible for creating content across several media platforms. The staff writer will devise and execute story ideas based on strong industry networks and monitoring activity in key markets, producing a combination of news updates published on a daily basis as well as longer feature-length articles.
The successful candidate will be able to work well under pressure and have good attention to detail. An understanding of the financial industry and previous experience of financial writing is desirable. Strong verbal and written English skills and strong verbal and written Mandarin Chinese skills are required. The role does involve travel across the region.
- * *Conceive, develop and execute story ideas, often on an individual basis
- Produce stories on a regular basis, ranging from news updates to features
- Monitor key public domain sources of information for relevant developments
- Establish and maintain regular contact with industry participants in different markets
- Assist in the development of the editorial team’s knowledge
- Participate in the planning, coordination and execution of AVCJ editorial products
- Represent AVCJ at industry functions and events
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills
- An understanding of the financial industry
- Previous experience of financial writing
- Time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- An ability to prioritize a busy and changing workload
- An ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- An ability to work with a high level of confidentiality
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Strong verbal and written Mandarin Chinese skills
Reporting to:Managing Editor, AVCJ
*Interested parties please send the applications (including expected salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org. *
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All related information will be kept up to 12 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.