UBS Financial Services Senior IT Support Analyst in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? Are you someone who could multi-task in a rapid and fast moving environment? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– Be a part of our IBIT EQ Derivatives Business Application Support team in Hong Kong
– Interact very closely with front office Equity Trading and Sales teams and associated Operations teams covering the Asia region.
– You would have a high level of day to day interaction with the business stakeholders at all levels
– Diagnose system problems, define and co-ordinate the implementation of solutions individually and with other development and support teams
– Coordinate with different internal teams and/or external parties to conduct and manage special events such as BCP tests, infrastructure change weekends, data Centre maintenance, special trading days or exchange-mandated market rehearsals
– Promote the overall stability of the systems through system monitoring, proper change control management, and implementation of best practices to maintain production environment
– Conduct problem reviews with the relevant IT streams
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The Equities Derivatives support team in Hong Kong is a 5 member team part of the Technical Operations Centre . The team is responsible for supporting a suite of Trade Capture and risk management applications used by the Equity Derivatives business. They are not only first point of contact for the end users , but also responsible for providing L2 support of the application suite .The team is complemented by a team of analysts based out of Singapore, Pune and Sydney as well.
Your experience and skills:
• Good problem solving and diagnostic skills
• Ability to run a team located locally supporting the core trading locations and to deliver a high quality service to the business
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple, concurrent / conflicting priorities.
• Self-driven, highly motivated and have very high standards concerning quality of service delivered and attention to detail, where they lead by example and expect the same behavior of other colleagues.
• Knowledge of ITIL incident and problem management
• Solid Unix and Linux knowledge and practical working experience including Shell scripting (Sun Solaris, Linux)
• Basic knowledge in relational databases (Sybase, Oracle) / query (SQL)
• Network (TCP/IP)
• Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl
• Knowledge of the FIX protocol is beneficial
• Have worked in an Investment Bank front office environment before , preferably in the Equities Cash space .
– a confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences
– capable of understanding client / end user issues and translating this into problem statement for further investigations within IT
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173227BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior IT Support Analyst
City: Hong Kong
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Hong Kong
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)