Bloomberg Excel/VBA Solutions Specialist, Hong Kong in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job Requisition Number: 64403
Want to be part of a group directly impacting the company's bottom line? Keen to contribute solutions and ideas to our Market Leading Excel Solution Library for finance professionals? Interested in combining Excel/skill with business acumen to build P&L impacting solutions for our clients?
Our team, the Desktop Build Group (DBG), works closely with Bloomberg’s current and prospective clients to find solutions to their business needs using the Bloomberg API for Excel. Last year we delivered over 2500 projects to clients and our Excel solutions on the Bloomberg Terminal are used by over 120,000 financial professionals. We are a global team with people based in London, New York, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney.
What's the role?
You will use your financial markets knowledge to consult with Bloomberg’s current and prospective clients, helping them to develop and implement their investment strategies and research leveraging our Excel APIs, VBA and our cutting edge query language (BQL). You will directly impact Bloomberg’s revenue by working closely with our account management teams to develop new tactical desktop applications to sell Bloomberg Terminals. Additionally, your solutions will be potentially used by many thousands of financial market professionals.
Your role will involve full life-cycle development, from initial pitches to prospective clients, requirement gathering, prototyping, implementation, deployment and adoption.
You’ll learn on the job:
- An in depth knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal and Bloomberg APIs, the world's leading financial analytics platform for investment professionals
- A deep understanding of financial markets and investment processes on both buy-side and sell-side
- Gain a stronger understanding of data science
- Skills in using Python
We’ll trust you to:
- Partner with our account management team to build tactical solutions to increase revenue opportunities for the company
- Assist with migration projects, gaining a deep understanding of client workflow to move potential clients over to the Bloomberg platform
- Work on projects to provide short term product gap solutions for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Maintain and support Excel solutions accessible via the Bloomberg Terminal
- Work closely with our Product Development and Software Engineering teams to push for enhancements to our Excel APIs
- Be open to travel occasionally
You’ll need to have:
- Business level proficiency in Korean
- Expert knowledge in MS Excel/ VBA and a willingness to learn other programming languages
- Previous experience working with front office in financial markets and expertise in one or more asset classes (Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, FX, etc.)
- Previous experience using Bloomberg Terminal or other data vendors
- Have a strategic mindset and demonstrable commercial acumen to be able to weigh up the business opportunities of a project before execution
- Highly articulate, consultative, and confident in interactions with clients
We’d also like to see:
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Python, R or similar
- Experience or qualifications in Data Science
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/bloomberg-terminal/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.