Goldman Sachs & Co. Engineering - IBD Technology - IBD Java VP Developer - Vice President - Hong Kong in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We DoAt Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.Who We Look ForGoldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
We deliver applications for Investment Banking that support all aspects of advisory deal origination and new issue underwriting, including client targeting, idea generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book-building and revenue reporting.
Banking Technology creates and maintains proprietary technology for the Investment Banking division. The applications we deliver support all aspects of advisory deal origination, management and execution. This includes client targeting, ideas generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book building, fund management and revenue reporting.We are seeking a Developer for the Deal Lifecycle team in Bengaluru. The successful candidate will be working as part of a global team responsible for the digitization of the Banking Workflows across various product and functional lines.Our proprietary applications utilize a number of different technologies and platforms including:• Client-side - AngularJS, JS Build, ExtJS• Middle-tier web-services - Java• Back-end ASE database• Workflow Engine• Data Lake (DELP/Spark with Scala)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• The individual in this role would be responsible for the following functions
• Enhance DLC functionality on existing applications, specifically leveraging AngularJS and Java
• Design and develop tools to automate the creation and styling of pitchbook and deal execution documents
• The role requires collaboration with the other technology teams, both from a development as well as a maintenance perspective.
• The candidate will work through the software development lifecycle on a range of projects mentioned above using various technologies including Java, C#, AngularJS, VSTO, WPF, SQL etc.
• 5+ years relevant technical experience including as a developer having a successful track-record of delivering applications and exposure to the software development lifecycle
• Experience in AngularJS and Java
• Experience with database development
• Object-oriented analysis and design skills. Ability to use these methods in understanding business requirements and build sound solutions
• Experience in test driven development
• Using Agile methodolgies
• Automated testing
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Schedule TypeFull Time
LevelVice President/Executive Director
RegionAsia Except Japan
Business UnitIBD Technology