IHS Markit Director, CTI Tax Solutions by IHS Markit in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
The candidate will be responsible for growing the tax advisory business through delivering advisory services to clients in the Asia Pacific region in relation to the requirements of automatic exchange of information regimes such as FATCA and the Common Reporting Standard (CRS), and US tax information reporting, the Qualified Intermediary (QI) regime. In addition, the candidate will work closely with sales team and senior product specialists in the Asia Pacific region in pre and post sales projects in relation to the tax software solutions business.
Duties & accountabilities
• Identifying and driving consulting revenue in Hong Kong and North Asia markets.
• Drafting and delivering technical advice for consulting engagements.
• Assist in demonstrations of solutions and tools to targets and clients, including post implementation client support through training and consulting services.
• Assist in the drafting of materials for publications, thought leadership and seminars, including delivery of external presentations.
• Travel, as necessary, to assist sales and business development team in the pursuit of opportunities and engagements.
• 5+ years of experience in advising clients, ideally within FATCA, CRS and the QI regulations.
• Prior experience in a client-facing role with ownership of revenue targets
• Ability to interpret legislation and guidance and draft practical technical advice
• Effective project management skills
• Must be organised and able to manage multiple projects in parallel
• Experience with FATCA, CRS and the QI regulations
• Strong network of contacts in the financial services industry
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Languages – Cantonese and Mandarin essential
• Ability to think analytically and solve problems
• Will be a leader in a team with expertise in the field of information exchange regimes such as FATCA and CRS.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the LawEEO is the Law SupplementRight to WorkPay Transparency PolicyE-Verify
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.