Fugro Marine in Wanchai, Hong Kong
Roles And Responsibilities
Regional Service Line Manager – Geoconsulting (Land)
Fugro’s Land Geoconsulting service line employs around 140 staff in Hong Kong, and provides civil, structural, geotechnical, offshore and coastal engineering services throughout the APAC region to a wide client base, including Government departments, private developers, architects, planners, utilities, oil and gas companies, contractors and other consulting engineering firms.
We are seeking an experienced and talented individual to lead the business, fostering innovation and regional growth. Reporting directly to Fugro’s APAC Regional Director (Land), and with full P&L; responsibility for the service line, this is primarily a business-oriented position, rather than a technical role, although a relevant technical background is a prerequisite. The role provides a unique opportunity for a committed, decisive and proactive person to develop the geoconsulting service line both in Hong Kong and in the wider APAC region.
Roles and Responsibilities
- P&L; management of the business, including the preparation and achievement of profit plans
- Strategic planning to drive Fugro’s regional expansion agenda
- Effectively utilise staff and resources to ensure that projects are delivered safely, profitably, on time and meeting client expectations
- Generating and maintaining excellent client relationships and networks
- Leading by example in Health, Safety, Security, Quality, and Environment matters
- Driving change and improvement in theAPAC Land Geoconsulting service line
- Participating as part of the management team for Fugro’s overall Land business in theAPAC region
- Acting as Managing Director for one of Fugro’s statutory entities inHong Kong
- University degree (preferably post-graduate) in a relevant technical discipline, and preferably a post-graduate qualification in a business-related discipline.
- A working knowledge of finance / accounts and ideally, previous P&L; responsibility.
- Corporate member of a relevant professional institution with the ability to obtain professional registration inHong Kong in a relevant discipline if required.
- Hands-on technical experience in engineering consultancy of relevant disciplines gained through increasing levels of responsibility.
- Preferably previous experience gained in the Asia Pacific regional market, includingHong Kong, Greater China,South East Asia andAustralia.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English and ideally Chinese (Cantonese / Putonghua).
- Flexibility to travel whenever necessary.
If you think you have relevant experience, passion and drive, we encourage you to apply for this exciting and career shaping role. In your application, please include:
- A CV which demonstrates that you possess the relevant experience to fulfil the role; and
- A covering letter which demonstrates how you meet the candidate requirements.
We offer an attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, and fringe benefits including bonus, annual leave, medical insurance and MPF.
Applications with full resume, expected salary and a daytime contact telephone number should be sent via email email@example.com
*All information received will be kept in strict confidence and only for employment-related purposes.
Job ID: 2770
Region: Asia Pacific
Location: Wanchai, HK
Closing date: Sunday December 31, 2017
Employment status: Experienced Professional
Employment type: Permanent