Arup Resident Inspector of Works in Hong Kong
Arup is a global firm of planners, designers, engineers and consultants with over 13,000 employees working in 85 offices across 35 countries. The firm is the creative force behind many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable projects. Our Asia offices employ 3,000 staff and are engaged in prestigious multi-disciplinary projects covering buildings, infrastructure, transportation, structural, environmental and industrial areas. We embrace diversity and inclusion in all aspects including individual differences and open-mindedness. Currently we are looking for capable and independent individual for the following position as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
• Observe, inspect and check the execution and testing of the Works in accordance with the Contract Specification drawings and approved method statements
• Examine any plant or materials to be used and workmanship employed by the Contractor
• Keep records of inspections, tests, and works to be covered up
• Conduct on-site and off-site surveillance visit and quality audits in order to verify that the Contractor’s Quality Management System is being properly and fully implemented
• Reject unsatisfactory works and agree suitable remedial works as required
• Maintain labour and equipment records, agree with Contractor’s site daily
• Record data in relation to claims for extension of time and additional cost (including contractual claims)
• Assist and keep relevant photographical works records, covering the construction and commissioning of the Project
• Draw up a schedule at the time of Substantial Completion for outstanding items and progressing completion with the Contractor; liaise with the Client as necessary with regard to the issue of the Defects Liability Certificates for the contract
• Assist in the co-ordination of the Civil, Building and Building Services and Building Services and plant erection activities and drawings
Qualifications & Experience required:
• Higher Certificate from Technical College or equivalent in an appropriate subject, with at least 8 years of relevant experience inclusive of 5 years post-qualification experience, OR
• Diploma from a technical institute or equivalent in an appropriate discipline, with at least 7 years of relevant post-qualification experience, OR
• At least 4 years of relevant experience as Resident Assistant Inspector of Works in public sector construction projects
This position will be on a contract basis to work at the site in Tuen Mun for 18 months which may be lengthened or shortened subject to project development. Standard working hours will be 6 days per week, shift work may be required. An attractive remuneration package with gratuity will be offered to the successful candidates.
Transportation (with picking up/dropping point near MTR) will be provided to/from Tuen Mun Site office.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Applicants not contacted within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Title: Resident Inspector of Works
Location: Hong Kong
Requisition ID: HON0000E9