Arup Labour Relations Officer in Hong Kong
Arup is an international firm of planners, designers, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Arup has been appointed by the Highways Department, the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) as the consultant for Agreement No. CE 36/2009 (CE) – Tender and Construction of Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge Hong Kong Link Road - Design and Construction. The project is implemented under two Design & Build Contracts, namely Contract Nos. HY/2011/03 and HY/2011/09.
The scope of works under these Contracts comprise mainly the design and construction of approximately 12km long dual 3-lane carriageway in the form of viaducts, tunnels and at-grade road between HKSAR boundary and Hong Kong Boundary Crossing Facilities (HKBCF), the roadlink between HKBCF and Hong Kong International Airport, seawalls and reclamation to form approximately 23 hectares of land and the associated works. The works in these Contracts were commenced in May 2012 for completion in phases.
We now invite applications for the following Resident Site Staff positions. The incumbents may be required to work irregular hours, overtime, at night and on shifts including Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays and to carry out supervision outside Hong Kong when required.
Qualifications & Experience required:
• 5 passes in HKCEE including English Language (Syllabus B), Chinese Language and Mathematics at grade E or above, or equivalent
• Preferably have completed a post-secondary certificate programme on human resources or personnel management
• At least 1 year of full-time working experience on personnel management or human resources related duties and good job records
• Knowledge in associated labour regulation will be an advantage
• Good command of both oral and written English Language and Chinese Language
• Good computer knowledge preferably with past experience on the operation of a computerized smart-card system
Appointment will be made on contract term in accordance with the prevailing government’s terms and conditions. Application deadline on or before 21 April 2017.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Applicants not contacted within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Title: Labour Relations Officer
Location: Hong Kong
Requisition ID: HON0000AC