Google Developer Advocate, Partnerships in Hong Kong
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII), HTML, PDF or DOC version of your resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: The subject field of your email must include Developer Advocate, Partnerships - Hong Kong or Beijing.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Beijing, China; Hong Kong
The Developer Relations organization helps keep us connected to the communities that love technology as much as we do. Our focus is on supporting third party developers who build applications and businesses on Google's platforms. Developer Advocates act as passionate advocates for Google technologies, and are vocal champions for developer interests within Google. This is a position for engineers who love connecting with developers and speaking publicly about cutting-edge technologies on conference panels, at user groups, on blogs and with the press. You also communicate internally with Product Managers. Chrome, Android, App Engine, HTML5, as well as our core G Suite and Ads APIs, are just some of the platforms you promote and support. Your work fosters a community of developers working with Google technologies and helps to drive strategy around Developer Relations.
In this role, you will be based in Hong Kong or Beijing, but will be specifically focused on advocating our Google developer products/APIs across APAC by working closely with our partners within the region.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work with external software developers in Greater China and Southeast Asia to bring Google integrations to market that drive significant business and user value.
- Work with partners one-on-one in an engineering capacity in order to help them launch new features in their software.
- Produce requirements and design documents with partners that represent industry-leading applications having meaningful Google integrations.
- Take regular, engineering-focused meetings with partners to help them complete the integration.
- Bring feedback to other engineering, product, marketing, business development, and UX teams at Google.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Mandarin fluently and idiomatically.
- 6 years of relevant work experience, including experience working with 3P developers to launch large scale integrations, conducting technical workshops/hackathons and providing technical advice to large companies.
- Experienced in applying machine learning in mobile applications.
- Excellent public speaking skills and charisma, with experience presenting to large technical audiences.
- Considerable success as a software developer, architect, technology advocate, CTO, or consultant working with web or mobile technologies.
- Strong command of web application or mobile application development landscapes.
- Proficient in Cantonese or any Southeast Asian languages.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.