Google Customer Engineer, Google Cloud in Hong Kong
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII), HTML, PDF or DOC version of your resume in English to email@example.com.
Important: The subject field of your email must include Sales Engineer, Google Cloud Platform - Hong Kong.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
The Google Cloud team helps companies make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. As a Sales Engineer, you're helping the globe by working with leading companies, schools and government agencies to ease their transition to the cloud using Google’s cloud platform solutions - Compute Engine, App Engine, BigQuery, CloudSQL, Cloud Storage, and more.
You'll work to swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its enterprise business and also in bringing our product portfolio into companies both big and small around the world. Your previous experience with cloud platform and infrastructure products, search products, content/document management repository systems, and SQL-based relational databases will also be on display as you engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities and identify key customer technical objections. Develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments.
- Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI response documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing “best practice” advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies; Linux; Web 2.0 development platform, solutions, and related technologies (HTTP, Basic/NTLM, cookies/sessions, XML/XSLT/XHTML/HTML). Experience with Enterprise networking concepts (DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ).
- Ability to speak and write in English and Mandarin fluently and idiomatically.
- MS degree in Computer Science.
- Demonstrable ability to create demo scripts in any one of the following scripting/programming languages: C#, Python, Perl and/or Shell Scripting.
- Demonstrable ability to rapidly prototype proofs-of-concept and technical demonstrations.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
- Confident presenter with excellent presentation skills and the ability to persuasively present Google's product offering.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.