BCD Travel Asst Supervisor - Meetings & Events in Hong Kong
Are you ready for a challenging and exciting endeavor that will require the investment of a lot of hard work, dedication and all your experience? Are you ready to bring your skills, competencies and experience to support BCD Meetings & Events in enhancing our Asia Pacific business? Do you have a solid understanding of the MICE industry and proven project management experience? You might be exactly the new team member we are looking for.
Events Manager Hong Kong
Dedicated to a specific client, the Events Manager builds and maintains the client relationships, provides value added guidance and support while adhering to client procedures and standards. The Events Manager is also responsible for venue and supplier sourcing, contract and commercial negotiations as well as financial budget and payment reconciliation. Programme planning, on site event management and attendee registration management will also be provided to client as and when required.
The Events Manager works on a variety of client programmes simultaneously and serves as liaison between the client and venue(s)/supplier(s) for the duration of the meeting, and beyond when required.
- Sourcing, selection and presentation of venues and/or suppliers, taking into consideration programme requirements, budget, key success factors for the programme and legal requirements
- Efficient management of timelines/deadlines for multiple programmes, maintaining effective communication and clarity with client throughout the sourcing and/or planning process regarding all aspects of the programme, including travel/venue management, budgeting, itinerary/agendas and final programme reconciliation
- Provide industry-relevant guidance, enabling highest levels of benefit to client
- Ensure accuracy of all programme-associated and client facing documents such as venue availability grids and programme budgets
- Negotiation and ongoing contact (including site visits) with key suppliers such as venues, DMC's, caterers, restaurants, AV suppliers, and travel providers as needed, utilising preferred hotel/travel provider agreements and/or approved destination management companies
- Prepare programme related Payment Request Forms, ensure timely payment of all supplier/vendor bills, client invoicing, deposits and payment status with Accounts Payable
- Manage day-to-day internal and client version programme budgets
- Raise and track third party commission claims
- Manage supplier billing, track payments at all stages of the programme, including deposit scheduling and cancellations. Provide client with accurate programme budgets, reconciliations and payment
- Reconcile all final programme billing on-site, supplier payments, support Pcard reconciliation prior to final billing being sent to Finance within final billing timeline
Event Management (30%)
- Main point of contact with client/decision-maker, providing consultative approach to programme planning, ensuring client identified clear objectives for the outcome of the meeting, conference or programme and determine steps to ensure objectives are achieved
- Prepare all documents required for client planning/strategy meetings, programme walk through meetings and client debrief meetings
- Effective brief taking from clients, determining key programme requirements/success factors
- Manage smooth running of programmes, ensure appropriate resources onsite, communicate program/event details and provide relevant collaterals to client
- Anticipate and manage change, including dealing with crisis
- Facilitate the creative direction and overall development timeline of programme related participant and host communications materials, including, but not limited to web sites, invitation letter and registration form.
- Responsible for building simple registration sites and work with BCD M&E Web Designer to develop complex registration sites requiring additional technology such as Flash. Test all sites; present and gain meeting owner approval
What we offer you: This is an exciting experience within an international work environment. You'll be working with a great international team of colleagues in a dynamic work environment.
Your work location: Hong Kong
How to apply: Is this your next career move? Don't wait any longer. Create a profile in our job portal on our website and upload your CV and cover letter.
Get to know us
BCD Meetings & Events is an independently managed operating company of BCD Group and a sister organization of BCD Travel, one of the three largest travel management companies in the world. BCD Meetings & Events energizes and streamlines the business of meetings and incentives by offering event-level and enterprise-level solutions. Headquartered in Chicago, BCD Meetings & Events has more than 1,100 resources in over 50 countries, with sales exceeding US$992 million. For more information, visit www.bcdme.com.
This position is not open to third-party recruiting agencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled