Arup Technical Officer / Assistant Technical Officer in NA, Hong Kong
Arup is a global firm of planners, designers, engineers and consultants with over 13,000 employees working in more than 90 offices across more than 40 countries. The firm is the creative force behind many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable projects. Our Asia offices employ over 3,000 staff and are engaged in prestigious multi-disciplinary projects covering buildings, infrastructure, transportation, structural, environmental and industrial areas. We embrace diversity and inclusion in all aspects including individual differences and open-mindedness. Currently we are looking for a capable and independent individual for the following position as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
• Supervise a team of technicians and maintain sufficient consumable parts in the proper repair and maintenance of various office equipments and Electrical & Mechanical System
• Resolve technical problem, trouble shooting of machinery failure and exercise prompt resumption
• Arrange and implement planned preventative maintenance work as assigned
• Monitor project progress and supervise contractors’ performance
• Oversee issues relating to office environment, procurement of office furniture, office relocation and renovation
• Prepare tender documents, service orders, incident reports, as-built documents, inventory record, licence and agreement records
• Review, evaluate and ensure full performance of building service contracts
• Handle emergency calls during non-office hours
Qualifications & Experience required:
• Degree in Building Services, Facility Management, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• 6 years of relevant experience from sizeable companies with at least 2 years in supervisory role
• Registered Grade A0 Electrical Worker will be an advantage
• Knowledge and experience in statutory regulations, code of practice and safety rules
• Willing to hand on all facility and administration related tasks
• Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented and able to work independently
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and AutoCAD
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese
Candidates with less experience will be considered for the position of Assistant Technical Officer.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including Global Profit Share scheme, additional fringe benefits of maternity/paternity leave and long-term career development opportunities.
Personal data collected would be used for recruitment purpose only. Applicants not contacted within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Job: Facilities Management
Title: Technical Officer / Assistant Technical Officer
Location: Hong Kong-NA-Hong Kong
Requisition ID: HON0000D6