Arup Senior Engineer (Baggage & Material Handling Systems) in NA, Hong Kong
Arup is a global firm of planners, designers, engineers and consultants with over 13,000 employees working in more than 9 offices across more than 40 countries. The firm is the creative force behind many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable projects. Our Asia offices employ over 3,000 staff and are engaged in prestigious multi-disciplinary projects covering buildings, infrastructure, transportation, structural, environmental and industrial areas. We embrace diversity and inclusion in all aspects including individual differences and open-mindedness. Currently we are looking for a capable and independent individual for the following position as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
• As an experienced senior engineer working within the aviation team, you will be responsible for developing the planning, design, and implementation of medium/large-scale, complex, baggage and material handling system solutions
• Work effectively in a range of roles - independently, as a design team member / leader, with other specialist disciplines and within multi-disciplined teams
Qualifications & Experience required:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Automated Production, Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering or equivalent
• Corporate membership of relevant professional institution(s)
• At least 8 years of experience (min 3 years of post chartered experience) in the design and commissioning of baggage handling, warehouse sortation, and control systems
• A sound understanding of architectural and engineering processes and electrical/mechanical systems and general knowledge of mechanics, automation and control and networking
• Experience in the application of 3D design and modelling tools
• Knowledge of project management life-cycle from requirements gathering through design and implementation
• Ability to actively participate in business development, proposals and reports
• Ability to lead, advise and develop junior engineers in collaboration with other experienced
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including Global Profit Share scheme, additional fringe benefits of maternity/paternity leave and long-term career development opportunities.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Applicants not contacted within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Job: Airport Planning
Title: Senior Engineer (Baggage & Material Handling Systems)
Location: Hong Kong-NA-Hong Kong
Requisition ID: HON0000AN