Arup Assistant Manager (Commercial) in NA, Hong Kong
Arup is a global firm of planners, designers, engineers and consultants with over 13,000 employees working in 85 offices across 35 countries. The firm is the creative force behind many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable projects. Our Asia offices employ 3,000 staff and are engaged in prestigious multi-disciplinary projects covering buildings, infrastructure, transportation, structural, environmental and industrial areas. We embrace diversity and inclusion in all aspects including individual differences and open-mindedness. Currently we are looking for a capable and independent individual for the following position as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
• Provide finance support and analysis including variance and trend analysis with in-depth identification of root causes and provide early warning and improvement to business units in China
• Collaborate with business units to provide business required analysis to highlight improvement areas and ensure accurate financial understanding of the market/business
• Prepare monthly and annual management reports. Review and monitor capital expenditure against budget and evaluate project plans at budget cycles to better support business intelligence for forward strategies and planning in different scenarios with underlying assumptions identified
• Develop analysis tools and work closely with internal clients across the region to provide commercial insight to senior management decision making
• Assist in implementation, monitoring and administration of general ledger system as well as provide support and process review for best practice procedures
• Assist in company’s statutory accounts and tax computation in accordance with statutory requirement and tax rules in own region
• Provide support in commercial training to China offices
• Assist in ad-hoc assignment as and when required
Qualifications & Experience required:
• Degree holder in Accounting or Business
• Qualified accountant from professional accounting institutions
• At least 7 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably from multi-national organizations
• Excellent planning, analytical and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
• Independent, self- motivated, energetic, flexible, mature and a good-team player
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
• Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including Global Profit Share scheme, additional fringe benefits of maternity/paternity leave and long-term career development opportunities.
Personal data collected would be used for recruitment purpose only. Applicants not contacted within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Title: Assistant Manager (Commercial)
Location: Hong Kong-NA-Hong Kong
Requisition ID: HON0000DD