Arup Accountant (Commercial) in NA, Hong Kong
Arup is a global firm of planners, designers, engineers and consultants with over 13,000 employees working in more than 90 offices across more than 40 countries. The firm is the creative force behind many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable projects. Our Asia offices employ over 3,000 staff and are engaged in prestigious multi-disciplinary projects covering buildings, infrastructure, transportation, structural, environmental and industrial areas. We embrace diversity and inclusion in all aspects including individual differences and open-mindedness. Currently we are looking for a capable and independent individual for the following position as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
• Assist in company’s statutory reporting, corporate tax filing in compliance with Company Law, tax, international accounting standard, and corporate governance in accordance with Group’s policies and guidelines
• Review internal operating and control procedures for Regional offices to meet the firm’s standards and best practices
• Assist in implementation, monitoring and administration of general ledger system as well as provide support and process review for best practice procedures
• Review and collate annual business plan and support region’s business strategy, commercial initiatives, and forecasting
• Support management report and conduct analysis of business income, cost and profit for improvement
• Assist with providing commercial advice for bid support
• Handle ad-hoc assignment as and when required
Qualifications & Experience required:
• Degree holder in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
• Qualified accountant from professional accounting institutions
• At least 6 years of relevant experience obtained from Big 4 audit firm or multinational organizations preferably with China exposure
• Good interpersonal and communication skills; strong analytical and commercial sense
• A good team player and able to work under pressure and manage deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
Candidates with less experience will be considered for the position of Assistant Accountant.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including Global Profit Share scheme, additional fringe benefits of maternity/paternity leave and long-term career development opportunities.
Personal data collected would be used for recruitment purpose only. Applicants not contacted within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Title: Accountant (Commercial)
Location: Hong Kong-NA-Hong Kong
Requisition ID: HON0000DA