Bloomberg Third Party Contracts Specialist, Hong Kong in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job Requisition Number: 58743
We are the Third Party Contracts team - a global team of Contracts Coordinators responsible for negotiating and securing agreements for the data which feeds all of Bloomberg’s products. We work closely with world-wide data providers (including stock exchanges and other contributors), product managers, implementation teams and in-house legal to create, administer, maintain and understand all legal documentation. Most importantly we help to secure and safeguard the best commercial and legal outcomes for the company.
Who we look for:
You are excited by the idea of bringing people and products together in order to expand the depth and breadth of Bloomberg’s data offerings. You are comfortable speaking and working with individuals from other countries and levels of business. You have the ability to simplify and explain complex ideas, as well as the patience to listen and understand concerns. These skills enable you to successfully build consensus and problem solve. You build trust and rapport quickly and maintain productive relationships which you rely on to help you get things done. You enjoy taking initiative, figuring things out, and working independently in order to close a deal. If this is you, we have your next job.
We are seeking a motivated self-starter to join our team in Hong Kong.
We’ll trust you to:
- Adapt quickly to change and grow your knowledge of financial markets as our business expands
- Understand the data needs of business and draft agreements reflective of those needs
- Represent Bloomberg to outside data providers in contractual discussions and negotiations
- Partner with product managers, legal and other stakeholders to build consensus around outcomes
- Think outside the box to help problem solve new issues or when things don’t go our way
- Oversee the complete life cycle of the agreements and help maintain the contract database
- Ensure all agreements are appropriately stored and that database integrity is not compromised
- Act as a knowledge resource to Sales, Enterprise, and Global Data teams based i in Asia
- Assist the team, and others, with data agreement projects and initiatives as they arise
- Provide exemplary customer service to internal and external customers with contract related inquiries
You’ll need to have:
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of market data services
- Understanding of how Bloomberg utilizes content across the various parts of the business
- Strong contract administration and/or vendor management experience
- Attention to detail, solid negotiation skills, and previous customer service experience
We’d love to see:
- Fluency or experience in Cantonese as well as other Asian languages
- Specific experience with stock exchange contracts and/or policies
- Experience using the Bloomberg Professional Service
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.