Bloomberg Technical Project Manager, Exchange Business Management - Hong Kong in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job Requisition Number: 58396
Bloomberg's Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is on the hunt for a Technical Project Manager to join our team in the Hong Kong office. For this role we are looking for a unique professional who has a mixture of strong technical and analytical skills and an ability to bring an entrepreneurial vision to our Exchanges team. The Exchanges team supports over 350 trading venues globally and is continuously looking to enhance our technical capabilities to effectively manage our market leading exchange content.
Technical Project Managers are responsible for formulating and delivering end-to-end technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives. They understand how market data is used by various Bloomberg products and customers and can collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to implement enterprise wide initiatives. They are highly analytical individuals who can innovate and deliver in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
We'll trust you to:
Leverage your experience in the financial industry and understanding of technology to develop strategies to influence and direct the future direction of Bloomberg's exchange infrastructure. You'll not only excel in managing day-to-day projects but you'll also keep an eye on the big picture and won't be afraid to upend existing systems and processes if need be. You'll periodically review the alignment of our technology with the business strategy and drive initiatives to constantly raise the bar of our capabilities to acquire and manage exchange content.
How you will make an impact:
- Champion projects aimed to transform Bloomberg's technical and business capabilities to manage exchange services
- Create and manage the plans for moving technical solutions to production
- Leverage your strong analytic abilities to devise innovative technology solutions to influence the future direction of Bloomberg's infrastructure
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to understand their business needs; build consensus and strategies to deliver on those needs
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans
- Effectively communicate progress and success to stakeholders in compelling, creative, and accessible ways
- Develop and deliver reports & requirements documentation
- Building a rapport with programmers - keeping them focused and projects moving
You'll need to have:
- 7+ years of industry experience, with a passion for building new technology
- A desire to increase knowledge of software, network architecture and low latency parsers and systems
- Ability to discuss deep technical concepts, evaluate tradeoffs and devise innovative solutions with engineers
- Understanding of financial markets and the exchange market data industry
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Experience leading cross-organizational teams and ability to work closely with engineers to deliver on aggressive schedules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving aptitude
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related field of study
We'd love to see:
- Programming experience
- ETL experience
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies
- Innovative mindset
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.