Thomson Reuters Solution Consultant, Quants in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Solution Consultant, Quants Financial and Risk Go to Market – Asia
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Responsibilities * Be a part of solutions consulting (pre-sales) team that provides solution consulting for all sales opportunities as necessary in the region. * Engage with customers, understand their requirements and map it into the company solutions/products so that the capability can be proved to the customer. * Prepare demo prototypes, presentations and answer RFP’s showcasing the unique selling points of the solution. * Work with product management team to feeding back to them information regarding solution enhancements and change requests. * Work with implementation/professional services team to ensure that pre-sales to post-sales knowledge and engagement transfer is done seamlessly. * Work with various teams to ensure that the solution that is proposed to the customer is technically, commercially and legally feasible. * Work with teams outside the region on an on-demand basis to transfer knowledge and engage with customers on sales opportunities.
- Quantitative Analysis: Strong background and deep understanding of the concepts and content; should be able to share and articulate pricing models/algorithms;
- Statistical analysis: ability to understand various mathematical and statistical models.
- Hypothesis testing: being able to develop hypothesis on investments and test them with careful experiments.
- Knowledge in programming languages such as Python, R, , Matlab, or SQL.
- Experience in implementing end user cases; having worked on the technical and business aspects of the use cases especially in the financial industry
- Experience in conceptualizing, designing and building data analysis and integration systems with data from multiple sources, preferably using Hadoop and MapReduce.
- Having worked on projects involving back testing performance models for equity selection. Familiarity with calculations of factors, VaR, CVA and/or other Market and Credit Risk attributes At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job: *Sales Family Group
Organization: *F&R GTM&M Asia
Title: Solution Consultant, Quants
Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-HKG-Central-ICBC Tower
Requisition ID: JREQ084853
Other Locations: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-HKG-Taikoo Wan Rd-Cityplaza 3