UBS Financial Services Senior Software Engineer - WMIT - Structured Products Order Manager in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job Reference #:
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable Java systems? Are you passionate about full stack development and learning new technologies? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– develop Java software components for Global Order Manager as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
– test unit and integration of components for integration into larger subsystems
– make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before handover to the Software Component Manager
– analyze root causes of incidents and provide solutions
– meet the high expectations of clients through frequent release cycles of quality software
– provide technical leadership on projects and coach junior developers
Senior Software Engineer - WMIT - Structured Products Order Manager
Country / State:
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Hong Kong-based Client Orders APAC team, part of Global Order Manager (Client Orders) team in Wealth Management IT. The Global Order Manager is the central order handling suite of applications for Securitized, Structured and Treasury Products for Wealth Management in EMEA and APAC, and is core to the rollout of the One Wealth Management Platform globally.
Your experience and skills:
– 5+ years of experience with leading technical projects using Agile or Waterfall methodology
– strong expertise in technical architecture & design, analysis, debugging, profiling and developing multithread application supporting multiple business locations in different regions
– exposure to Apache/Tomcat on UNIX/Linux environment with shell scripting
– proficient skills with tools used in software development lifecycle, such as IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse, JIRA, Github/SVN, Maven, Teamcity, etc.
– proven experience in software development for a financial service industry, preferably in a wealth management/private banking environment, is a plus
– a quick learner and an excellent communicator
– a passionate Java developer and great team player
– skilled at improving older code bases, as well as applying modern best practices to new projects
– effective within the complexity, operating in a highly regulated industry, running on bespoke software
– strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire and flexibility to work as part of a geographically diverse global team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?