Thomson Reuters Senior Project Manager in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Project Manager will drive large client implementations across Asia. The initial focus will be on desktop and content displacements plus legacy product upgrades in order to increase revenue, market share and retention. The Project Manager will be instrumental in ensuring that the clients have the best experience of a displacement or upgrade programme by managing the overall process from beginning to end. Part of this process will be to engage with the customer on the feasibility of upgrading a legacy product or taking an Eikon desktop or other offerings over a competitor product. The role will evolve to include also non-desktop type of implementation projects, in area such as market data feeds, post-trade, hosting and risk, either in the context of a migration programme or a one off customer initiative.
*Role Summary: *
The Project Manager role falls within the Asia Pacific Customer Implementation - Programme Management Group (PMG). The team have a global mandate to implement and execute programmes and projects across all customers in order to drive efficient execution, customer value, customer loyalty and Thomson Reuters revenue. The team work with colleagues across Go To Market, Global Growth Organization, Financial Practice Group, Customer Operations and Customer Propositions to ensure we deliver on Thomson Reuters strategic objectives and revenue targets through execution and implementation.
· Engage with the Account Team to identify clients and determine the most efficient approach to drive Displacement or Upgrade projects.
· Engage with clients to ascertain the feasibility of moving to a Thomson Reuters Eikon desktop or other TR offerings and plan the necessary project or programme.
· Project delivery – Fully accountable for all aspects of a project and manages project performance throughout execution.
· Manage content/functionality gaps and escalate them to accountable and responsible owners in order to drive for more efficiency in displacement and improve the lead time for Orders To Bill.
· Manage project risks and escalate to appropriate accountable owners where required.
· Liaise with Programme Management Office to provide timely and accurate status reporting for each project.
· Lead and drive virtual teams to implement each aspect of the project to ensure a successful outcome. This will be in conjunction with establishing a RACI model at the beginning of each project.
· Work with the Programme Management Group practice leads to continually improve and enhance the group’s displacements methodologies and other best practices.
· Establish and maintain a good operating rhythm for each project that includes setting up and chairing meetings with project members as depicted in the RACI model.
*Key Relationships: *
· Programme Management colleagues
· Senior Leadership Team in the Sales organization (GTM, FPG, GGO)
· Market Development Managers – Asia Pacific
· Sales Specialists
· Account Team (Account Manager, Client Specialist, Technical Relationship Manager)
· Product & Content Management
· Programme Management Office
· Business Operations
· External client senior management and decision makers
*Essential Skills and Experience Required: *
· Stakeholder Management - Ability to discuss project requirements with key stakeholders both internally and at client level
· Risk Management - Actively participates in all phases of the project or specific phases of larger projects. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project
· Delivers projects within the constraints of scope, time and cost to agreed levels of quality, within the organization’s project management framework.
· Prepares and maintains project plans and tracks activities against the plan
· Implement effective communication plan and operating rhythm, including provision of regular and accurate reports.
· Manages change control gaining agreement for revisions from project stakeholders.
· Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring members are motivated and developing their skills and experience. Identifies any problems with sponsorship
*Desired Skills and Experience Required: *
· Background in working with financial institutions and good understanding of market data
· Experience of working directly with TR clients on a regular basis
· Understanding and experience of product set within Thomson Reuters
· Have customer facing experience up to C-Level
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and any Project Management tool
· Formal Project Management Certification (preferred)
· Bachelor’s degree – in an IT and or business related field (preferred)
· Certification/Training in a financial markets discipline (preferred)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job: *Project Management Family Group
Organization: *F&R CO Customer Implementation Team
Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-HKG-Central-ICBC Tower
Requisition ID: JREQ083929
Other Locations: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore-SGP-Singapore-1 Raffles Quay