Dell Senior Consultant in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job ID R10049
Date posted 10/12/2017
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Provides technical and consultative leadership for Consulting technical solutions opportunities on a range of complex engagements, focused on an industry or service offering. Responsibilities may include analyzing requirements, implementation, customiztion, integration and documentation for the customer, project management, change management, etc. Works closely with Sales, pre-sales, project managers, other consulting personnel , and the customer to ensure a smooth implementation and transition from start-up to integration/production mode. Has ability to lead solution and proposal development once project goals and objectives have been defined.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Understands that travel may be required for extended periods of time.
· Provides technical and consultative leadership for solutions opportunites on a range of complex engagements.
· Delivery of technical architectural design, strategies and plans for engagements. Technical expert in leading pre-sales meeting or presentation. Able to assist in creating proposals that address current and evolving client requirements. Provides technical leadership during the implemenatin of proposal and engagement. Participates in installation, customization, and integration of an EMC solution.
· Works on complex projects and manages multiple work streams. Defines and authors deliverables. Delivers projects with approved methodology while adhering to margin, planning and SOW requirements. Ability to supervise staff and plan/assign work on project engagements. Keeps PM informed of all activities.
· Leads project quality assurance activities, including technical QA reviews. Understands and adheres to proper escalation and chagne control procedures. Validates requirements, limited prototyping and functionality design and creates proposals that address current and evolving client requirements. May provide testing process, code reviews, certification of software, and issue resolution as point of contact for technical questions.
· May manage or function as technical lead on small to medium projects or workstreams of larger, more complex projects. Understands customer business challenges and provides strategy that addresses long term goals. Independently analyzes large amounts of data, provide logical options, create and delivery correct documentation, sound work products and deliverable to achieve customer satisfaction
· Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures. Keeps project managers informed of activities, alerting of any issues promptly. Completes end-of-project reports. Provides knowledge transfer throughout and at hte completion of assigned projects.
· Ability to influence others to achieve results.
· Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions.
· Interpersonal skills.
· Presentation skills.
· Consultative skills.
· Communication skills.
· Cross-Functional skill.
· Understand industry trends.