NBC Universal Senior Booker in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job Number 35006BR
Job Title Senior Booker
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC International
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us CNBC is the recognized global leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage and business information. CNBC’s international operations include regional networks in Europe and Asia-Pacific that provide the latest market information, unrivalled coverage of breaking news, in-depth analysis, and interviews with business leaders. CNBC in Europe reaches more than 110 million households, in addition to leading banks, financial institutions, and hotels across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. CNBC in Asia-Pacific reaches more than 70 million households in 21 countries.
Career Level Experienced
Country Hong Kong
State/Province - -
City Hong Kong
The Senior Booker will work closely with the Guest Assignment Desk in Singapore to schedule guest appearances on the network, with a focus on securing high profile business leaders and government officials based in the Greater China region. The incumbent will also field produce and work as part of a team to secure the best guests first and exclusively for the network. The role is ideal for a candidate with TV news production or public relations experience, with a keen interest in business and current affairs.
• Networking with guests and PR representatives, particularly those of high profile or significant interest to CNBC.
• Conceive of segment and story ideas, interview questions, and elements for shows - work with the production team to develop these ideas into compelling programming.
• Research stories and guests and work to uncover new angles on stories.
• Writing headlines and interview descriptions of guests interviews that are uploaded on CNBC.com
• Communication with news teams, senior producers and news editors, anchors, and operations staff regarding guests interviews.
• Learn to format line-ups and work well with CNBC iNews and Avid systems, and the graphics, CGs, and Hotboards programs.
• Keep up to date on movements and changes of key people of interest for CNBC Asia
• Be the main point of contact with the guest when slots are confirmed to ensure smooth coordination between the news team and guests.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Desired Characteristics:
• University degree or related education or experience
• 5+ years’ experience in news production, business news preferred, and in booking and carrying out interviews
• Good communication and team skills
• Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced breaking news environment
• Capability to handle deadline pressure and work under the demands of a daily show
• Languages: Fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.