Bloomberg Sell-Side Execution & Order Management Solutions Implementation Professional, Hong Kong in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job Requisition Number: 59327
Bloomberg Sell-Side Execution & Order Management Solutions (SSEOMS), for sell-side equity firms, delivers global order and execution management solutions for front-end sales and trading, and middle and back office operations. SSEOMS is integrated with the core Bloomberg Professional service to offer a robust and complete order management system that allows for optimization of workflow, increased direct market access, management of risk and compliance, and improved operational efficiency.
What’s the role?
As a key member of our growing SSEOMS business, as an Implementation Specialist you will lead the implementation and client on-boarding of our Equity Order Management system. You’ll bring with you plenty of experience with hands-on project management, working with on large scale implementations with tier 1 and/or tier 2 clients. With your exemplary client relationship management skills you’re used to being in the crux of pre-sales and ensuring a well-managed transition process post sale through to solution go-live. You will also be responsible for implementing new product offerings to our existing client base. Based in Hong Kong, you will provide critical subject matter expertise and support coverage for clients across the APAC; and as such a willingness and flexibility to travel will be needed. The suite of product which you will be supporting includes front office, trading, compliance and operations.
You’ll be competent in developing and documenting OMS implementation plans to client needs, and be able to actively identify risks and dependencies throughout the process. You’ll demonstrate credibility and deep product knowledge and a deep understanding of the sell side community, products uses, technology, operational workflow and trading activities of cash equities and/or listed derivatives.
You will need to be able to handle expectations and influence both new and existing SSEOMS clients by being a good listener, demonstrating an understanding their business and workflow to negotiate and implement an effective solution. You’ll also establish and maintain positive relationships with influencers at multiple levels within Bloomberg and our clients, enabling you to lead a portfolio of complex projects - setting and executing on expectations to time and budget – to successful completion, influence product development and drive future sales of Bloomberg SSEOMS.
We'll trust you to:
- Define and document the implementation framework according to client needs in coordination with the PMO office and colleagues in Sales and Account Management
- Maintain documentation throughout implementation and report on status, risks and dependencies for all client facing SSEOMS projects
- Assure customer trust and integrity of Bloomberg LP products; be accountable for the solution sign off, achieve client expectations, timelines and budgets
- Identify gaps in our SSEOMS product offering and work closely with Product Development and Engineering to develop creative solutions to meet our clients’ needs
- Drive pre-sales; collaborate with Bloomberg sales teams to uncover customer requirements, ensure timely delivery and be able to identify and communicate potential opportunities for future sales before and during the implementation process
- Support current account base and account managers in select migrations
You’ll need to have:
- Considerable market experience or solid exposure to sell side equity trading technology in or around Tier 1 / Tier 2 clients
- Experience in the pre-sales portion of client engagement; understanding client workflow, consulting on and documenting proposed solutions
- Deep understanding of cash equity and listed derivative trading and operational activities of sell-side firms, products uses, technology and trends
- Experience working with Order Management Systems with a desire to dig deep into workflows
- Extensive project management / program management experience across complex projects. Ideally with a PMP / Prince 2 certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills, with experience in engaging with internal teams (sales, product development and engineering) as well as external clients to an executive level
- An ability to run your time effectively, multi-task and work well in complexities in a team environment
- Excellent reporting, documentation, time and budget management skills
- A commercial mind-set with an interest in collaborating with sales teams
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.