RELX Group Practice Area Lead in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Practice Area Lead
The Practice Area Lead is responsible for content strategy, roadmap and subject matter expertise relating to the Practice Area designation of their portfolio, including content acquisition and content development, author management, content and product strategy.
The PAL is a market-facing role, and requires regular interfacing with customers, authors, LexisNexis sales teams and other industry associations. The PAL is the key stakeholder in relation to content development and strategy within their portfolio and is expected to assist the product manager drive revenue and growth through development initiatives and in partnership with other internal departments.
The PAL owns the relationship with authors and contributors for the products within their portfolio, and is responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of content from the author. The PAL is also responsible for commissioning new authors, decommissioning existing authors and establishing firm succession plans for authors nearing retirement from their products.
Reporting to our Practice Area Manager, you will be responsible for:
· Acting as the Key Finance resource for Business Unit Leadership Team
· Development and measurement of KPIs and metrics for the operating unit.
· Ownership of forecast and budgets, development and measurement of KPIs and metrics for the operating unit
· Decision support on all key initiatives
· Work with FP&A group to develop efficient processes and clear accountability on producing financial results
· Acquisition & Investment Appraisal; Management of Finance staff
Experience & Qualification:
· Tertiary Education Qualification required (Law preferred);
· Computer skills in Microsoft Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Internet skills;
· Advanced excel and Powerpoint skills would be advantageous;
· Sound working knowledge of publishing workflow from idea conception through to receipt by customer;
· Prior commissioning experience preferred; superior relationship management skills;
· Demonstrated practical legal knowledge and understanding of legal markets;
· Experience in product development would be advantageous;
This is an excellent opportunity to join a truly close-knit and collaborative group, in a rapidly growing division of a large global corporate, with the opportunity to take the lead on maximizing our product portfolio’s potential into a diverse industry sector. In return, you can expect a dynamic culture in a fast-moving agile environment, with career opportunities across the broader LexisNexis group, both locally and across the globe.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.
Primary Location AP-HKG-Hong Kong
Req ID: REE00829