Turner Broadcasting Infrastructure Architect in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Posting Job Title Infrastructure Architect
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Technology/Information Technology
Hong Kong - Hong Kong
Position Type Temporary
Posting Job Description
The main purpose of the role will be to develop and govern solution architecture designs that are pragmatic to address the business requirements of a project while also adhering to the architecture strategies, roadmaps, frameworks and standards. The role will have to collaborate effectively with Business Analysts and Project Teams to explore business demand at concept stage. The work may include initial requirement assessment, high-level solution planning, cost-benefit analysis, feasibility study, as well as project assurance. This role will also define, monitor and ensure supportability and efficiency of strategy for infrastructure.
Support APAC business critical systems and applications across the media supply chain and wider corporate systems. Act as a central point of contact for Turner APAC Technology and Operations infrastructure support, working closely with internal stakeholders across TimeWarner, as well as third party vendors. Typical duties to include server side configuration, troubleshooting, upgrades, OS management, data storage and migration etc.
Develop and maintain clearly defined service levels to support and maintain core infrastructure. Develop and implement Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery drills, ensuring consistent compliance with TimeWarner ISO and internal audit requirements.
Develop, maintain and gain endorsement for infrastructure strategy and roadmaps for APAC. May have specialty in one area and leverage broader team for other areas. Design technical architecture for digital media workflows, and web based application using networking, virtualization and cloud technologies. Establish and maintain the architecture and standard of technology products in order to enable consistent, reusable and efficient practices. Understand and document the current state infrastructure architecture. Perform technical validation and architecture review.
Provide Infrastructure requirements and support to projects, create and/or participate in RFPs as required. Consult with solution project teams in order to develop a solution design which is compliant with the architecture and standards of company. Ensure Infrastructure strategies are monitored and implemented by projects by ensuring compliance during project stage gates, address issues which deviate from standards. Define and align the transformation strategy for technology products. Liaise with users and Operation team to ensure smooth service transition.
Assess the compatibility of non-compliant products proposed and make recommendations in order to promote standard and ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technology segment. Develop reference architecture and roadmaps for new technologies and architectural models with Media Technology.
- Degree or higher in any IT disciplines
- Experience in business requirements analysis and design solutions to meet business objectives.
- Experience in project management and implementation.
- Subject Matter Expertise across a number of the following Infrastructure domains:
- Cloud (Public, Private, Virtual Private, Hybrid)
- Platform (Hardware, Hypervisor, Operating System)
- Storage (SAN, NAS, Backup/Restore, Archive)
- Network (LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, Proxy)
- End User (PC, BYOD, VDI, Application)
- Unified Communications (E-Mail, VoIP, IVRS, PABX, IM, Presence)
- Database (DB Farms, OLTP, OALP, Data Warehousing)
- Middleware (Data Transformation, Integration, WAS)
- Systems Management (Monitor, Alert, Report, Audit, Asset, Incident)
- Facilities (Data Centre, Security)
- Strong analytical mind with excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent breadth of thinking, able to provide pragmatic solutions that consider all relevant constraints whether technical, financial, organizational, risk, or capability based.
- High level of self-motivation, with ability to work on own initative.
- Passion and ability to learn new technologies and their application.
We offer a rewarding career and attractive remuneration package. Interested parties should apply via https://www.turnerjobs.com/ . Please submit your full curriculum vitae with details of existing and expected salary.
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the Time Warner Group.
All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A TimeWarner Company