Bloomberg Global Data – Market Data Analyst (Tech Specialization) – Hong Kong in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job Requisition Number: 59837
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally.
What's Global Data all about?
Global Data makes Bloomberg the most sought-after data source in the world. We collect, analyze, and present data that informs clients' decisions - and moves markets. We collaborate with Sales, News, and Research and Development, while staying in tune with our client needs, contributing to the development of the Data Management products and fueling Bloomberg news stories with the data that we receive. We also apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technological solutions to enhance our systems and processes.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Develop expertise in fast-moving market sector information
- Work with a range of proprietary, industry standard, and open source data stores to assemble, organize and analyze data
- Develop and implement methods and tools for the data management process
- Intake and distill raw data to convey actionable information that enables our clients to make better-informed decisions
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive 4-week training program giving you a thorough overview of financial concepts, various data sets, and of course our state-of-the-art Bloomberg terminal
- Gain in-depth, hands-on experience of one particular market sector (For example: Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives etc.)
- Exposure to and interaction with key market players in the financial industry
Real potential for exciting and varied career-progression
What we look for?
- Bachelor's degree (or expected to graduate in 2018) in Account, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Business Intelligence, Information Technology or Mathematics, with up to 2 years of work experience
- Ability to demonstrate your skills and proficiency with technical languages such as Python, SQL, Java or equivalent
- Portfolio of completed projects either educational or professional
- Knowledge and interest in the financial industry
- Strong passion and drive to actively challenge the status quo and seek improvements for the product
- Ability to adapt to a fluid environment
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin)
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge or experience with Natural Language Processing or Machine Learning
- Strong knowledge in data management related disciplines such as data modelling and database management
- Previous work experience (including internship) in finance, business management or data/research
Does this sound like you?
Apply today! If we think you're a match, we'll get in touch with you soon about next steps.