Thomson Reuters GFMS Metals Market Analyst in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
This analyst will be involved in the design and development of new methodologies, quantitative models, and fundamental analysis and commentary (as relevant) that enhance existing or new products and services. The work will include maintenance of some of the existing data suites, while contributing written, graphical and numerical work to the range of GFMS’ metals research products and developing fresh initiatives and products. There will be a degree of regional travel involved.
This is a pro-active team and the ideal candidate will have a flair for innovation and be prepared also to work with various departments in the Supply Chain Commodities Research Division and potentially the Advisory and Investment Management team in order to grow new ideas and expand the scope of existing products. In particular this will be playing a role in expanding our coverage of the automotive sector.
Skills and experience
* Strong numerical, written and verbal skills in order to be able to assemble and analyse the data captured and to articulate the findings through written research reports and presentations as well as conversations and consultation with clients, prospects and market stakeholders.
* Confident, resourceful self-starter, plus a mind geared to rigorous attention to detail and a good team spirit.
* Fully conversant with Excel, Word, Power Point; the Adobe suite of products would also be highly advantageous.
* Fluent in English and Mandarin
Preferred skills and experience
* Solid work in the field of commodity research, especially the metals sector, or in an associated consuming industrial sector.
* Knowledge of statistical techniques would be an advantage, but is not essential.
* Logical approach to data manipulation and putting information into context would be highly advantageous. Education * Bachelor’s degree level, preferably in economics or a forensic subject such as the Sciences, Engineering or Law. At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job: *Research Family Group
Organization: *F&R CO Content & Insight
Title: GFMS Metals Market Analyst
Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-HKG-Taikoo Wan Rd-Cityplaza 3
Requisition ID: JREQ080593