Turner Broadcasting Digital Producer, CNNMoney in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Posting Job Title Digital Producer, CNNMoney
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Area of Interest Editorial
Hong Kong - Hong Kong
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
CNNMoney, CNN's fast growing digital platform for business news, is hiring a reporter for its international team. The ideal candidate will have experience reporting for a leading digital publication, writing news and feature articles, using social media for newsgathering, commissioning graphics and interactive features, and using data to tell compelling stories.
Reporting to CNNMoney's Asia Editor, the Digital Producer, CNNMoney will have a passion for explaining business, technology and economics as well as an existing network of contacts. She or he will have a broad understanding of business news in the Asia-Pacific region. The Digital Producer will have strong news judgment and a proven ability to make stories appeal to audiences on mobile and social media. The position is based in Hong Kong. Good working knowledge of Mandarin is a distinct advantage.
Here are the key responsibilities of the role:
- Identify breaking news and other story lines, report and write articles, and produce related content as required
- Contribute to weekly and longer term news planning and programming by coming up with ideas for feature and enterprise stories, including items for sponsored series.
- Work closely with CNN colleagues around the world on newsgathering, producing written content and promoting CNNMoney content on CNN's platforms.
- At least five years' experience as a journalist
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with demonstrable experience in writing or producing news content
- Social media fluency, both as a tool for audience outreach and as a publishing platform
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of business news in the Asia-Pacific region
- Sound news judgment and story selection
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
We offer a rewarding career and attractive remuneration package. Interested candidates, please send full curriculum vitae & portfolio (samples of writing/artwork) with details of existing and expected salary by emailing email@example.com.
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the Time Warner Group.
All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer A TimeWarner Company