Amazon.com Data Center Facility Manager in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
The Data Center Facility Engineer with be responsible for Data Center Engineering Operations within a Data Center including risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure, vendor management and metric reporting.
· Responsible for the on-site management of COLO/DC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices, procedures & local legislation.
· Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses, and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility infrastructure operations and maintenance.
· Generate change management requests & incident management tickets for Data Center facility.
· Work with DCO managers (IT) and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity, and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability, sustainability and efficiency.
· Establish documentation relevant to business & facility operations.
· Responsible for the installation of the racks and the provision of power/cooling.
· Manage routine maintenance and emergency services on a variety of critical systems such as: switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems, etc.
· Assist in the design, implementation, commissioning and build out of new facilities.
· Drive & implement projects to increase current facility capacity, efficiency, sustainability & reliability.
· Management of the DC, in the provision of infrastructure & inventory asset management.
· Conduct monthly operational meetings with vender management.
· Review COLO/DC contract compliance & ensure all SLA’s are achieved.
· Business interface with COLO/DC Management for day to day operational requirements.
· Assist in recruiting efforts.
· Manage COLO/DC to resolve of any infrastructure engineering issues.
· Delivery of exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
· Degree or Technical Degree and relevant experience.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience.
· Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong leadership and organizational skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline.
· Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/fiber) cabling.
· High/Low Voltage electrician’s license
· Team management skill and experience.
AMZR Req ID: 487890
External Company Name: Amazon
External Company URL: www.amazon.com