UBS Financial Services Credit Officer in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Are you a natural problem solver? Are you client and solution orientated? If so, we are looking for someone like this to:
– Implement the Credit Risk Control framework (principles, policies, processes and authorities) for Wealth Management (WM) Asia.
– Identify and control the bank’s credit risks, ensure high quality credit risk assessment and continuous monitoring of the portfolio of counterparties/issues and consider reward in risk decisions.
– Vigorously defend UBS' contractual rights, particularly in restructuring/work-out situations and give guidance to and exercise oversight over the business / risk management to ensure that the firm's policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
– Take a broad view of the risks and help ensure that material issues are escalated to the relevant control functions, and reputational concerns are escalated to senior management.
– Support the expansion of the WM product shelf through assessment and approval of New Business Initiatives and Complex Transactions.
– Ensure compliance with statutory and corporate policies and manage auditors and regulators' communication in relation to WM Asia Booking center matters.
– Identify and implement organizational, process and system enhancements to improve the effectiveness and health of our function.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Our Lombard Team is a specialist team of credit officers within Global Risk Control (GRC). The team is responsible for credit limit approval as well as for monitoring of the credit risk of UBS Wealth Management (WM) clients with accounts booked in APAC. Product focus includes Lombard Loans, Wealth Management Investment Products, Structured/Tailored Lending, Lending Against Illiquid Assets, Prime Brokerage, OTC Derivatives, Repos, Exchange Traded Derivatives, etc.
Your experience and skills:
-university degree in Finance/Economics or a technical subject (such as Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics etc.)
-strong analytical and technical know-how with a successful proven track record and over 3 years of working experience in either Lombard, institutional credit (hedge fund, corporate, leverage finance, etc.), market risk or in other related areas
excellent verbal and written communication skills; good command of English; Mandarin and/or other languages are an advantage
IT-specific knowledge, in particular Excel and handling/manipulating large data sets. Any programming skills such as VBA will be advantageous
-solid understanding of financial markets and a passion to further your knowledge and drive to provide best in class client experience
– an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills to establish trustworthy relationships with your internal clients, your team, peers and senior management.
– an experienced risk officer, with strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills.
able to work in a fast paced team environment; can deliver under considerable time pressure (with attention to detail and accuracy)
able to embrace constructive challenge; pro-actively identify issues and find solutions in a complex environment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 153656BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Credit Officer
City: Hong Kong
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Hong Kong
Function Category: Risk