UBS Financial Services CIO China A-share specialist in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job Reference #:
Are you gifted at assessing value and risk and can link events and trends in China and globally to it? Do you love to give advice, as well as educate? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– convert multi-industry knowledge into understandable investment opinions and sector views
– conduct valuation analysis and form an opinion of return potential for the aggregated A share indices
– remain current on market developments in China as well as geopolitical events outside China to help frame our regional investment strategy and also inform readers what their impact is at short notice if need be
– develop thematic investment pieces, potentially in collaboration with other asset specialists
– develop recommendation reports for distribution through a variety of written channels
– provide investment recommendations using support on modeling, valuation and risk assessments
CIO China A-share specialist
Country / State:
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be located in Hong Kong and working in the Chief Investment Office (CIO) APAC equities team. The WM Chief Investment Office drives the investment decisions of UBS Wealth Management. It is a dedicated team catering to wealth management clients – dealing with asset allocation strategies, asset class research, and financial outlooks. We are present around the world with over 200 people helping to shape the house view on investments.
Your experience and skills:
– 5-10 years of relevant experience and a good overview of the main sectors as well as key benchmark stocks
– a good handle on accounting, including reviewing and interpreting annual reports and financial statements
– a Masters or Bachelor's degree in economics/financial markets as a minimum requirement
– a good level of familiarity with macroeconomics
– strong presentation skills
– excellent team player capabilities: you will be working closely with not only the APAC CIO team but colleagues across the globe
– written and spoken fluency in English and Mandarin
– comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
– adaptable with strong interpersonal skills
– self-motivated with a high degree of personal initiative
– efficient, effective, and meticulous, with a strong attention to detail
– able to work effectively across locations via remote means
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?