UBS Financial Services Associate, Conflict Clearance in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job Reference #:
Are you risk averse? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity? We are looking for someone like that who can:
– coordinate and manage the conflict clearance process and completion checks for new transactions for the Corporate Client Services division and including ad-hoc requests from other divisions of the Investment Bank and Wealth Management
– use various databases to obtain company information and identify potential conflict, reputational and / or regulatory risks as well as escalating any potential conflict or issues to the appropriate functions
– perform second-line-of-defense activities in relation to consequential risks
– ensure and coordinate inputs with other teams or departments in full compliance with the firm's regulatory obligations and within the risk frameworks
– maintaining internal databases including taking care of the team's internal filing system
– assist with organizing various internal committees and preparation of materials for regional / global management committees
Associate, Conflict Clearance
Country / State:
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Global Conflict Clearance team in Hong Kong. We help coordinate and manage the conflict clearance process in Asia Pacific, working in coordination with the teams in other regions, the regional business approval teams and the Chief Operating Office team to support the Investment Bank divisions.
Your experience and skills:
– several years of work experience in a bank, financial services, accounting or legal firm.
– a degree in business or related field
– experience in risk management and / or control
– highly adaptable, with a desire to learn in a fast moving, multi-country and evolving business and regulatory environment
– analytic and a team player, with the ability to gather facts and viewpoints in a prompt and professional manner while working with various stakeholders while meeting deadlines
– result-oriented and assertive (you don’t shy away from challenging situations)
– an excellent communicator, both verbal and written (you get the complicated concepts and can communicate to others)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?