Bloomberg APAC Benefits Specialist, Hong Kong in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job Requisition Number: 58965
What's the role?
We are looking for an Asia Pacific (APAC) Benefits Specialist to be part of the APAC Benefits & Global Mobility team. You will be based in Hong Kong (and working as part of a regional team with colleagues in Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo), and you will drive the benefits agenda and support all benefits programs across the APAC region which includes, retirement, health & welfare and to lead wellness programs for the region. You will also have opportunities to lead global projects and to work closely on international initiatives with counterparts in the Americas/EMEA regions.
You will need to have a hands on approach as you will be responsible for leading and running various benefits related projects.
We'll trust you to:
- Design and develop benefit policies and programs across APAC, ensuring proper consideration is given to market practice, local legislation and any local employee consultation requirements.
- Work with colleagues in our Benefits Operations and Payroll teams to ensure operational and administrative processes are effective and help to identify and implement process improvements.
- Review and update records for benefit program compliance (for example, statutory payroll/tax reporting)
- Vendor management - build relationships and manage vendors/programs on a day-to-day basis including contracting, service delivery, payment, metrics and reporting.
- Provide critical issue support to HR colleagues and employees in the region addressing concerns and issues in line with our cultural values.
- Lead on the wellness agenda for the region, select vendors, and oversee delivery of on-site programs to ensure alignment with the wellness program goals and philosophy.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of the benefits landscape and industry best practices
You'll need to have:
- 8+ years of experience in health, retirement/pension benefits, and/or HR. Ideally experienced in a similar role/in-house environment is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to work independently as part of a regional team (completing tasks and projects with minimal supervision).
- Technical expertise or deep understanding of compliance issues related to benefits program provision for example; payroll/benefits-in-kind tax reporting (for the APAC region), experience or familiarity with FATCA and/or CRS compliance for retirement programs.
- Customer service orientation, good judgement, decision making, and teamwork with high energy and enthusiasm for work.
- Ability to think strategically, but execute on a very operational/tactical level with strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Partnering effectively with regional and/or the global team - some evening calls and occasional travel required.
- Ability to develop relationships and collaborate with many different vendors, partners, and functional organizations.
- Experience working with data and Excel
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/ .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.