UBS Financial Services Algorithms and Analytics Quantitative Analyst in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job Reference #:
Are you interested in algorithmic trading? Are you an innovative thinker and enjoy building tools? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– help design and enhance trading algorithms for the equities business (and beyond)
– research market microstructure
– back test trading strategies across different market regimes
– analyze the way our clients trade to optimize their interactions with us
– work closely with Electronic Trading, Equity front office, and Information Technology to deliver regional and global projects
Algorithms and Analytics Quantitative Analyst
Country / State:
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Algorithms and Analytics team in Hong Kong, and will be reporting to the Asia Pacific Head of Algorithms and Analytics. Our role is to provide trading algorithms and consultancy for electronic trading for all equities and other products. Our team is responsible for building top grade, high performance quant trading models, research on market microstructure and helping to optimize the trading performance across equities.
Your experience and skills:
– a Masters or PhD degree in physics, mathematics, computer science, engineering
– good understanding of data exploration, modelling and market dynamics
– the ability to explain/visualize/simulate market data
– big data analysis and machine learning skills, and KDB experience
– knowledge of at least one statistical language (R, Matlab, SciPy etc.)
– a quant with skills in data analysis
– capable of documenting model development and able to communicate with people from different teams
– able to develop software as an individual and in a team
– interested in market structure and trading
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?