Microsoft Corporation Partner Development Manager - Systems Integrators in Cyberport, Hong Kong
The Partner Development Manager (PDM) role is key to Microsoft's partner management strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner Organization. The PDM is a business development role that aligns to a partner segment and is accountable for driving performance of a managed portfolio of partners by business priority. The goal is to drive partner recruitment, enablement and business growth based on their strengths and priorities. The PDM will work across Microsoft and the Partner organization to ensure business goals are aligned to partner offerings. The role will need to develop required practices and build partner capacity by working with the managed partner portfolio through the Microsoft Build-With lifecycle, from recruit to grow and aligned to partner segment. The PDM for SI typically manages our largest and/or most influential partners. The seniority of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial business relationship by working closely with partner leadership. The PDM represents Microsoft to the channel, communicates our strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of practices leading to workload/industry based co-sell.
The Impact You’ll Be Making:
Lead partner recruitment - Identify existing and new partners to create a balanced portfolio aligned to business requirements. Drive partner’s business qualification to ensure investments are made in partners that are committed and capable. Secure business plan and Joint Marketing Agreement (JMA), endorsed by partner’s leadership to accelerate partner journey to the co-sell stage.
Ensure partner enablement - Develop business capabilities within the partner portfolio, based on local capacity requirements and solution/practice map with inputs from Channel Management teams. Secure and coordinate resources and programs to enable partner capacity growth for current and new capabilities. Connect partners to the GTM motions and landing on solution/workload maps.
Drive business growth - Accountable for the growth of the business across the partner portfolio, aligned with the Channel Management & Co-sell team, inclusive of expected partner impact. Drive business performance measured by revenue (Usage & consumption), customer acquisition, apps, as well as the support global expansion.
• 10+ years of experience in core sales experience, partner channel development, sales, business development, alliance management in the technology industry
• Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
• Extensive experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies: Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment & Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
• Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences
• Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners
• Bachelor degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired Business development & strategy